
Gigi over at Gigi's 3 W's has issued a challenge to use each of the 1st 12 days of December as a way to rediscover the meaning of Christmas. I have accepted the challenge and I am promising to use 12 days in the month of December, but not necessarily the 1st 12. With my blogging track record lately, we all know that I will not have a post on every day for the next 12 days! So my posts may be random, but we will be working hard to practice generosity, thoughtfulness, and kindness and to try to focus more on the real Reason for the Season.
Our biggest idea so far is to make fleece blankets for Project Linus. We're going to get the fleece for those this weekend and get started so that we can deliver them on Dec. 13th.
But for tonight, we started with a simple story and a bag of M & M's. Each person got one M&M to hold as we went through the poem. And of course, at the end, we ate M&M's so it was a sweet start for our 12 days Challenge.
Christmas M & M’s
As you hold these candies in your hand
As you hold these candies in your hand
and turn them, you will see
The 'M' becomes a 'W', An 'E', and then a '3'.
They tell the Christmas Story
They tell the Christmas Story
I'm sure it's one you know.
It took place in a stable
A long, long time ago.
The 'E' is for the East,
The 'E' is for the East,
Where the star shone so bright.
The 'M' is for the Manger,
where the Baby Jesus slept at night.
The '3' is for the Wise Men,
The '3' is for the Wise Men,
Bearing gifts, with which they came.
'W' is for Worship, Hallelujah! Praise His Name!
So as you eat these candies
So as you eat these candies
Or share them with a friend,
Remember the meaning of Christmas:
It's a love that never ends.
Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas!





3 comments:
I love it!! We will be using the M&M's too and hope to see you at the Project Linus meeting on the
13th.
Thanks for a wonderful idea - we will be using the M&M story tonight!
I love that, we'll be doing this tomorrow after I buy some M&Ms
Post a Comment